We are always on the lookout for ways for you to upgrade your home at a low cost and with easy processes. Here are 24 ways to quickly create a budget renovation that will instantly improve the appeal of your home. Most of these have links to DIY guides too.
1. This wainscoting was made by painting some frames to match the wall. Frames are easy to find at a craft store.
Via Charming Zebra
2. Regrout a shower to prevent mold.
3. Peel and stick tiles are perfect for covering up damages.
Via Family Handyman
4. Add the bounce back into your sofa by re-stuffing the cushions. It may be easier than you think.
5. Build a planter for your address number. If you don’t have a green thumb, find some easy-to-grow plants that are 9 Houseplants That Clean The Air And Are Virtually Impossible To Kill.
6. Make that old countertop look like new stone.
7. Turn a low cost dining room table into something incredible.
8. If you want some unique feeling curtain rods, make some from copper pipes and fittings. Just be aware to keep them from tarnishing.
9. Create a beautiful sheet metal air grille.
10. Combine IKEA butcher blocks with your kitchen cabinets to create this.
11. Here’s a way to transform your blinds into something more Roman.
12. Are guests not getting the message about hanging their coats? You can install coat hangers in the closet to make it easy for them.
13. Fix molding with caulk and paint.
14. Adding vintage shutters to a bookcase is an awesome way to give it some style.
15. You can frame a mirror perfectly with square molding. Here’s a DIY on how to do it, even if you don’t have a miter saw.
16. Here’s a DIY to use stone tiles as a mirror border.
Via The Sits Girls
17. Would you like a sweet art gallery that costs less than $20?
Via Atkinson Drive
18. You can meet many reflective needs by placing mirrors on bifold closet doors.
19. Does your family love sloshing in the mud? You can dry your footwear out on a tray filled with pebbles.
Via Martha Stewart
20. Whether you use a bookshelf for reading material, or DVDs, having it at the head of your bed makes for great lazy access.
21. With a countertop and two table legs, you can make an easy balcony bar to enjoy the view with.